Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Barbecue Baby Back Ribs

I was browsing through the 通之廚房 blog and came across a Spare Ribs in Barbecue Sauce recipe. Steven loves ribs, so I decided to try this recipe out. This was part of our 05.19.09 dinner. We served it as a Chinese dish, with a plate of Stir-Fried Peppers and Chicken and a plate of veggies. The meat was really tender, but we felt that the sauce was too sour/tart. We then added two Tbsp sugar, but still sour/tart. We then proceeded to adding 1/4 cup of honey, but it was still sour/tart. Not really sure how to describe it, but we felt that it would ruin the ribs is we coated the ribs in it, so we used it as a dipping sauce instead. I think it turned out good, but not really good enough. I guess I have to be fair and admit that I didn't use the "original barbecue sauce" stated in the recipe. I used what I had -- Cattlemen's Smoky BBQ Sauce. I think I would be willing to give this another try, but the sauce definitely needs improvement.


Barbecue Baby Back Ribs


Stir-Fried Peppers and Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment