Tuesday, May 05, 2009

!~!~!~!~! Happy Cinco de Mayo !~!~!~!~!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

At the end of my work day, I suddenly felt really festive and wanted to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a little bit. I went on AllRecipes.com and found these recipes:

Mexican Rice II
Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken

Polvorones de Canele


So, after work, I went to Trader Joe's and bought some tortillas, a tub of sour cream, and a jar of ground cumin. I got home, and I first made the chicken. Instead of the chicken breasts, we used chicken thighs. I first pan fried the thighs, and set that aside to cool. I then used the chicken juices to cook my Mexican Rice. It gave my rice WONDERFUL flavor!! While the rice was cooking, I shredded the thighs into pieces and then followed the rest of the recipe. It was pretty good, considering it was a last minute decision. :P Steven thought that the chicken+rice in tortilla as a whole wasn't salty enough. So next time, I think I'd flavor the chicken a bit more.






Then I wanted to make Mexican dessert to end Cinco de Mayo 2009, but Steven said "NO!!" Unfortunately, he has good reasonings.

  • I have to get to work earlier than normal tomorrow.
  • It was already 10pm, which means I probably won't be done baking and cleaning up until 12am.
  • I haven't been getting enough sleep all week.
So, we will continue the fiesta tomorrow when I bake my Mexican Cinnamon Cookies. :)



2 comments:

  1. awww steven is such a sweetie =) he just didnt want YOU to be too tired hehe... omg you are THE iron chef debbie!! you HAVE to give me lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure...I can give you lessons...I'm showing you guys daan taat this weekend...:)

    ReplyDelete